Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2012

Good Day!


Happy to report the Seedbeaderster members are going gangbusters in creating some very pretty Russian Spiral Bracelets. This Bead Along will be coming to an end soon and some have already completed or are busy working on the Tubular Herringbone Necklace which is our March project. If you like to bead please check out our home page at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seedbeadersters/ and you can join the fun.
This photo showcases just some of the Seedbeadersters fabulous Russian Spiral bracelets.




Here is a photo of my latest bead project; Splendor Bracelet and Earrings. I used Ruby toned Czech Fire-Polished beads and Metallic Gold Seed beads.
The Tutorial for the bracelet includes instructions and diagrams to make adjustments for different lengths of bracelets. The earrings are designed to attach to ear post, ear wires or clip type earring findings. The tutorials are available in my Art Fire Studio: CSD Design http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/CSDDesign



I have started my Tubular Herringbone and it is a variation of the necklace designed by Doris Coghill called "Fresh Twist" from Beading Daily's Favorite Stitches and Beadweaving Techniques: 5 Free Beadwork Beading Patterns for Seed Beads
The listed materials for this necklace are size 8 seed beads, a Lampwork focal bead, and size 11 triangle beads. I like the way the Tubular Herringbone looks with the addition of the size 11 triangles. I made a test piece using triangles I have. The trial piece worked up nicely; but the colors I have need more oomph. I took the sample apart and am using size 11 seed beads as replacements for the triangles.  The piece is working up quickly and I hope to have it finished in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how the members of seedbeadersters are jumping in there and completing the projects. You newest project is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so great to see 2 of mine in there! I'm very happy I stopped being so shy and started participating!! Thank you for such a wonderful group! <3 Your Splendor bracelet is GORGEOUS!!!!!
    ~Jenn~
    http://www.facebook.com/FotojennicS

    ReplyDelete